Husqvarna 338 XPT Workshop Manual Repair
Husqvarna 338 XPT Workshop Manual for the Repair and service of the Husqvarna 338 XPT chainsaw. The PDF workshop service manual has accurate, easy to understand information and diagrams to help repair and service the chainsaw. Service Information to help you to troubleshoot, repair and fix the Husqvarna 338 XPT chainsaw. View pages online or download a complete PDF service manual that you can easily save, print or view on any device.
Husqvarna 338 XPT Workshop Manual Contents
Contents, Introduction, Safety Regulations, Symbols, Technical data, Service tools, Service data, Safety equipment, Starter, Electrical system, Centrifugal clutch, Lubrication system, Carburetor, Tank unit, Anti-vibration system, Piston and cylinder, Crankcase and crankshaft, Troubleshooting, Repair Instructions.
Carburetor – General Chainsaw Adjustment
Adjusting the carburettor involves adjusting the engine to the local conditions e.g. climate, altitude, fuel and type of two-stroke oil. The carburettor is equipped with three adjustment options.
L = Low speed jet
H = High speed jet
T = Idling adjustment screw
The L and H jets adjust the fuel flow to match the airflow that the throttle valve opening allows. Turning them clockwise makes the fuel/air mixture weaker (less fuel in relation to the amount of air) and turning them anti-clockwise makes the fuel/air mixture richer. A weak mixture increases the engine speed and a rich mixture decreases the engine speed. The T screw controls the throttle position when idling. Turning the T screw clockwise gives faster idling; turning it anti-clockwise lowers idling speed (see manual for complete guide).
See the complete service workshop manual, carburetor manual, parts list, operator manual and technical supplements PDF downloads. Also the repair and service articles available on this website for more information on how to service, repair and find parts for the chainsaw.
Husqvarna 338 XPT Chainsaw Specifications
|Maximum Power Speed||9600 rpm|
|Cylinder Bore||1.57 inches|
|Cylinder Stroke||1.22 inches|
|Spark Plug||NGK BPMR7A|
|Oil Pump Type||Adjustable flow|
|Oil Pump Capacity||5-9 ml/min|
|Weight (lbs.)||7.7 pounds|
|Fuel Capacity||0.72 US pint|
|Oil Capacity||0.32 US pint|
|Chain Pitch||3/8 inch|
|Bar Length||16 inches|
Read the Husqvarna 338 XPT Workshop Manual for more chainsaw specs.
The Husqvarna 338 XPT is an extremely handy, light and maneuverable specialist saw for professional tree care. Featuring a design suited for tree care, a powerful engine with rapid acceleration, and easily accessible fuel pump for easy starting. Includes a 14 inch bar.
- Smart Start:The automatic Smart Start makes the saw extra easy to start, even in cramped locations.
- Lightweight:Low weight (7.7 lbs), teardrop-shaped saw body and flat underside make the saw easy to handle and easier to lower through the branches.
- LowVib:Built-in steel vibration springs reduce vibration levels to lessen operator fatigue.
- Rope Attachment:Easily fasten a rope to safely hoist the saw up the tree.
- Padded Handles:An angled front handle, thumb support, and ribbed rear handle ensure excellent control over the saw.
- Easy Maintenance:Air filter and filter cover can be removed quickly without tools.
- Air Purge:Removes air from carburetor and fuel system for easy starting.
- Three-piece Crankshaft:Forged three-piece crankshaft for maximum durability for the toughest applications.
Husqvarna 338 XPT Workshop Manual PDF
* Online preview
There are no reviews yet.