Husqvarna 460 Workshop Manual Repair
Husqvarna 460 Workshop Manual for the Repair and service of the Husqvarna 460 chainsaw (including 460 Rancher). The PDF workshop service manual has accurate, easy to understand information and diagrams to help repair and service the chainsaw. Service Information to help you to troubleshoot, repair and fix the Husqvarna 460 chainsaw. View pages online or download a complete PDF service manual that you can easily save, print or view on any device.
Husqvarna 460 Workshop Manual Contents
Contents, Introduction, Safety Regulations, Symbols, Technical data, Service tools, Service data, Safety equipment, Starter, Electrical system, Centrifugal clutch, Lubrication system, Carburetor, Tank unit, Anti-vibration system, Piston and cylinder, Crankcase and crankshaft, Troubleshooting, Repair Instructions.
Carburetor – General Chainsaw Adjustment
Adjusting the carburettor involves adjusting the engine to the local conditions e.g. climate, altitude, fuel and type of two-stroke oil. The carburettor is equipped with three adjustment options.
L = Low speed jet
H = High speed jet
T = Idling adjustment screw
The L and H jets adjust the fuel flow to match the airflow that the throttle valve opening allows. Turning them clockwise makes the fuel/air mixture weaker (less fuel in relation to the amount of air) and turning them anti-clockwise makes the fuel/air mixture richer. A weak mixture increases the engine speed and a rich mixture decreases the engine speed. The T screw controls the throttle position when idling. Turning the T screw clockwise gives faster idling; turning it anti-clockwise lowers idling speed (see manual for complete guide).
See the complete service workshop manual, carburetor manual, parts list, operator manual and technical supplements PDF downloads. Also the repair and service articles available on this website for more information on how to service, repair and find parts for the chainsaw.
Husqvarna 460 Chainsaw Specifications
|Cylinder displacement||60.3 cc|
|Power output||3.62 hp|
|Maximum power speed||9000 rpm|
|Fuel tank volume||14.88 fl oz|
|Fuel consumption||437 g/kWh|
|Idling speed||2700 rpm|
|Spark plug||Champion RCJ7Y, NGK BPMR7A|
|Electrode gap||0.02 “|
|Torque, max.||3.4 Nm/7000 rpm|
|Oil tank volume||0.7 US pint|
|Oil pump type||Automatic|
|Equivalent vibration level (ahv, eq) front / rear handle||3.5/4.5 m/s²|
|Sound pressure level at operators ear||104 dB(A)|
|Sound power level, guaranteed (LWA)||114 dB(A)|
|Recommended bar length, min-max||13″-24″|
|Chain speed at max power||65.62 fts|
|Chain speed at 133% of maximum engine power speed||87.27 fts|
|Weight (excl. cutting equipment)||12.79 lbs|
Read the Husqvarna 460 Workshop Manual for more chainsaw specs.
The Husky 460 chainsaw is a 60.3cc, 24″ saw, that is considered a robust all round chainsaw. Ideal for demanding cutting jobs where more power is required for a longer guide bar. Equipped with high torque over a wide rpm range. The saw’s body is ergonomically designed allowing for easy handling of the saw’s power. Further features include Smart Start, Air Injection, LowVib and combined choke/stop control.
Husqvarna 460 Pros:
- Great features
- Decent specs
- Durable chainsaw
- Works hard
- Takes a long bar
- Plenty of power
- Suitable for many tasks
Husqvarna 460 Cons:
- Lacks power if used with 24″ bar
- Could have a better power to weight ratio
Husqvarna 460 Owner Rancher Problems
(As reported to us from 460 owners and users)
- 460 rancher will not start
- The engine starts but stops after a few minutes
- The carburetor has a problem with the idle circuit
- The starter won’t work
- the power head is not turning
- The chain keeps coming off
HUSQVARNA 460 RANCHER CHAINSAW FEATURES
- X-Torq Engine – Delivers lower fuel consumption and reduced exhaust emission levels
- Air Injection – Centrifugal air cleaning system removes larger dust and debris particles before reaching the air filter.
- LowVib – System designed to reduce vibration levels to the operator, which lessens fatigue.
- Adjustable Oil Pump – Allows you to control oil flow depending on application and weather conditions.
- Quick Release Air Filter
- Side-mounted Chain Tensioner
- Front Handle Ergonomics – Better grip and a 7° offset handle reduce fatigue.
- Felling Marks
- Three-piece Crankshaft – Forged three-piece crankshaft for maximum durability for the toughest applications.
- Inertia Activated Chain Brake – Reduces the likelihood of injury due to kickback.
- Combined Choke/Stop Control
- Smart Start – The engine and starter have been designed so the machine starts quickly with minimum effort.
- Air Purge – Removes air from carburetor and fuel system for easy starting.
Husqvarna 460 Workshop Manual PDF
* Online preview