Walbro HDC Carburetor Repair And Service
Walbro HDC Carburetor Manual and Parts List for the correct identification, repair and service of the HDC series carburetor found in trimmers, chainsaws and blowers. View free online images or download the full Walbro HDC Carburetor Manual PDF which can be printed or saved on any suitable device. Clear diagrams and information to help in parts ordering or repair of this Walbro HDC series carburetor. Identify all component parts of the Walbro carburetor.
Walbro HDC Carburetor Manual
The Walbro model number is stamped on the body of the carburetor.
Walbro HDC Trouble Shooting Guide
1. Fuel source In-tank filters, lines, fittings
– check for leaks or obstructions, venting and air filter.
2. Choke and Throttle · Check mechanical linkage and cables· Look for ice, kinks, etc.
3. Adjustments • Idle and Main needles, 1 turn off the seat – Tune from the rich side by 1/8 turn, gradually.
4. Ignition – Spark plugs – Change if back-fire or preignition – when timed correctly, white plugs mean fuel is too lean, black· too rich, chocolate brown· normal.
5. Fuel Mixture – Use 16 to 1 or as recommended by engine manufacturer.
6. Tighten all screws on the carburetor – tighten all mounting bolts – check for cracks or leaks at flanges and manifolds.
The power and Idle needles control the lubrication received by the engine. Adjustments should be done carefully. Start by turning the needles all the way in (do not force them. Set Power (high-speed! needle one (1 turn open and the idle (low-speed) needle one (1) turn open. This puts both sightly on the rich side and leaner adjustments can be made as needed. (Too lean an adjustment can cause improper lubrication).
Walbro HDC Carburetor Manual and Parts List PDF
* Online preview