Walbro WY Carburetor Repair And Service
Walbro WY Carburetor Manual and Parts List for the correct identification, repair and service of the WY series carburetor found in trimmers and blowers. View free online images or download the full Walbro WY Carburetor Manual PDF which can be printed or saved on any suitable device using a PDF reader. Clear diagrams and information to help in parts ordering or repair of this Walbro WY series carburetor. Identify all component parts of the Walbro carburetor.
The Walbro model number is stamped on the body of the carburetor
STARTING WY WITH PRIMER
The primer Is an easy start device which, when activated, will purge the entire metering system of air and replace it with fuel. As the clear bulb is depressed, an outlet disc is forced against a spring to allow the air to escape. When the bulb is released a vacuum is created, which pulls an inlet disc against a spring to allow air from the metering chamber to enter. This procedure must be repeated until the bulb fills with fuel and drains through the outlet fitting, signifying the metering system is free of air.
COLD ENGINE START
1. Depress primer bulb several times until fuel drains out of the air outlet tilting.
2. Hold throttle wide open and pull starter 2-3 times.
HOT ENGINE START
1. Pull starter rope 2·3 times. If the engine does not start, go to Step No. 2.
2. Depress primer bulb several times until fuel drains out of air outlet fitting.
3. Hold throttle wide open and pull starter 2-3 times.
IDLE ADJUSTMENT OF THE WY
The WY has been calibrated and the idle needle pre-adjusted by WALBRO prior to Shipping. If the idle is in need of adjustment, the following instructions should be adhered to.
Special Note: Only adjustments to the outer Idle limiter and idle adjustment screw are to be made.
The inner idle needle should only be adjusted by an authorized WALBAO service person.
LEAN IDLE CONDITION
A lean idle condition means that the carburetor Is getting more air than gas. Steps to correct this condition are as follows.
1, Turn idle limiter counter-clockwise to the maximum Idle location mark on the throttle lever. This will indicate a richer than optimum idle setting. If it appears too rich follow step no. 2.
2, Turn idle limiter one mark clockwise. This will put the idle closer to an optimum idle position.
RICH IDLE CONDITION
A rich idle condition means that if a carburetor Is getting more gas than air. Steps to correct this condition are as follows.
1. Turn idle limiter clockwise to the maximum idle location mark on the throttle lever. This will indicate a leaner than optimum Idle setting. If it seems too lean, follow step no. 2.
2. Turn idle limiter one mark counter-clockwise. This will put the Idle closer to an optimum Idle position.
NOTE: The idle limiter plate will not exceed the maximum location marks on the throttle lever, this is done to prevent an over-rich or lean condition to occur which could damage the engine.
Walbro WY Carburetor Manual and Parts List PDF
* Online preview