The McCulloch Wildcat chainsaw was introduced in 1989 by the McCulloch Motors Corporation based in Los Angeles, California, USA. This powerful and efficient chainsaw quickly became a popular choice for loggers, farmers, and homeowners alike. Its bright yellow color and sleek design made it instantly recognizable on job sites and in tool sheds. The Wildcat represented a significant milestone in chainsaw design and engineering and set the standard for many other models that followed.
Though it has since been discontinued, the McCulloch Wildcat remains a beloved and iconic tool for those who remember its power and dependability.
|McCULLOCH MOTORS CORP. LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, U.S.A.
|38 cc (2.3 cu. in.)
|39.6 mm (1.56 in.)
|30.5 mm (1.20 in.)
|Aluminum with chrome-plated bore
|5.4 kg (12 lbs) powerhead only
|Plastic and die-cast magnesium
|Major repair kit
|Minor repair kit
|Air filter system
|Flocked wire screen
|Breaker point setting
|Flywheel/coil air gap
|0.30 mm (0.012 in.)
|Spark plug type
|AC CS45T, Champion DJ8
|Spark plug gap
|0.63 mm (0.025 in.)
|Crankshaft main bearings
|Caged needle roller
|Fuel tank capacity
|325 ml (11 oz.)
|Fuel oil ratio
|40:1 with McCulloch oil
|Recommended fuel octane
|Mix oil specification
|McCulloch two-cycle mix oil
|3/8 in low profile
|Bar mount pattern
|Shortest guide bar supplied
|45.7 cm (18 in.)
|McCulloch Yellow with Black
- Manufactured by McCulloch Motors Corp. in Los Angeles, California, USA
- Series or assembly number unknown
- Engine displacement of 2.3 cu. in. (38 cc)
- Single cylinder with a bore of 1.56 in. and a stroke of 1.20 in.
- Aluminum cylinder with a chrome plated bore
- Piston ported intake method
- Operator configuration is one man operation
- Anti-vibration handlebar system
- Chain brake included
- Centrifugal clutch and direct drive type
- Plastic and die cast magnesium construction
- Electronic magneto type with a fixed ignition timing
- Automatic rewind starter type
- Manual oil pump
- Fuel tank capacity of 11 oz.
- Fuel oil ratio of 40:1 with McCulloch oil
- Uses McCulloch two-cycle mix oil
- Chain pitch of 3/8 in low profile and McCulloch MP370GLX chain type
- Shortest guide bar supplied is 18 in. with an 08 link bar mount pattern
- McCulloch Yellow with Black color scheme
The McCulloch Wildcat chainsaw may no longer be in production, but it has certainly left a lasting legacy in the world of chainsaws. This sturdy, reliable and powerful tool was introduced in 1989 and quickly became a favorite of many homeowners and professionals alike. With its lightweight design, anti-vibration handlebar system, and powerful engine, the Wildcat could handle a wide variety of cutting tasks with ease.
While the Wildcat may no longer be available, it remains a beloved tool among those who were fortunate enough to own one. It is a testament to the durability and quality of the McCulloch brand, and a reminder that a well-made tool can last a lifetime with proper care and maintenance. Whether you are a professional or a homeowner, the McCulloch Wildcat remains a symbol of power, performance, and reliability in the world of chainsaws.