The Echo CS-300 chainsaw had a short production run from 2002 to 2003, and as a result, it wasn’t sold as extensively compared to some other Echo chainsaw models. However, it still holds a special place in the hearts of chainsaw collectors for its previous dependable performance and user-friendly design. As we delve into its specifications and features, we can’t help but reminisce about this timeless piece of machinery.
|Manufactured by||Echo (Kioritz Corporation)|
|Model||CS-300, also CS-301 carburetor version|
|Engine Displacement||30.1 cc (1.8 cu. in.)|
|Number of Cylinders||Air cooled, two-stroke, single cylinder gasoline engine|
|Cylinder Bore||37 mm (1.457 in.)|
|Piston Stroke||28 mm (1.102 in.)|
|Cylinder Type||Aluminum with chrome plated bore|
|Intake Method||Piston ported|
|Weight||3.2 kg (7.1 lbs.) powerhead only|
|Handlebar System||Anti-vibration, top handle type|
|Chain Brake||Inertia activated|
|Clutch||Centrifugal, 3 metal shoes, engages at 4,100 to 4,300 rpm|
|Construction||Die cast magnesium, injection molded polymer|
|Magneto Type||CDI electronic|
|Major Repair Kit||K20-WAT|
|Minor Repair Kit||D10-WAT|
|Air Filter System||Cellulose fiber element|
|Starter Type||Automatic rewind|
|Oil Pump||Automatic, gear driven|
|Maximum Engine RPM||10,500 to 11,500|
|Idle RPM||2,700 to 3,300|
|Breaker Point Setting||None, replacement cord is 3 mm X 850 mm|
|Flywheel/Coil Air Gap||N/A|
|Spark Plug Type||NGK BPMR8Y|
|Spark Plug Gap||0.6 to 0.8 mm (0.024 to 0.026 in.)|
|Crankshaft Main Bearings||Ball 6201|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||250 ml (8.5 fl oz.)|
|Fuel Oil Ratio||50:1|
|Recommended Fuel Octane||89 regular automotive. Aspen2 pre-mixed alkylate fuel is best at 93 octane, no ethanol, has very long shelf life|
|Mix Oil Specification||Echo two cycle. ISO-L-EDG. Jaso M345/FC, FD Aspen Synthetic mix oil is best|
|Chain Pitch||3/8 in. low profile|
|Chain Type||Oregon 91|
|Bar Mount Pattern||03 link|
|Shortest Guide Bar Supplied||30 cm (12 in.)|
|Longest Guide Bar Supplied||40 cm (16 in.)|
|Colour Scheme||Grey with Orange chainbrake lever|
- The Echo CS-300 is a chainsaw designed for top-handle use and has a anti-vibration handlebar system to minimize fatigue and increase control.
- It was manufactured by Echo (Kioritz Corporation) in Yokosuka, Morioka Japan and was introduced in 2002 and discontinued in 2003.
- The chainsaw is powered by a 30.1 cc (1.8 cu. in.) air-cooled, two-stroke, single-cylinder gasoline engine with a chrome-plated aluminum bore.
- It has a centrifugal clutch with three metal shoes that engages at 4,100 to 4,300 rpm and a direct drive type.
- The chainsaw features a CDI electronic magneto type, Walbro WT-589-1 carburetor, and an automatic rewind starter type.
- It has an automatic gear-driven oil pump and a cellulose fiber air filter system.
- The Echo CS-300 has a maximum engine RPM of 10,500 to 11,500 and an idle RPM of 2,700 to 3,300.
- The chainsaw has a fuel tank capacity of 250 ml (8.5 fl oz.) and requires a fuel oil ratio of 50:1.
- The chainsaw uses a 3/8 inch low profile chain pitch and an Oregon 91 chain type. It has a bar mount pattern of 03 link.
- The shortest guide bar supplied with the chainsaw is 30 cm (12 in.) and the longest is 40 cm (16 in.).
- The chainsaw is grey in color with an orange chain brake lever.
In conclusion, the Echo CS-300 chainsaw was a reliable and easy-to-use machine that was manufactured for a short period of time from 2002 to 2003. Despite its brief production run, it remains a popular choice among chainsaw enthusiasts for its dependable performance and user-friendly features. Its lightweight construction, anti-vibration handlebar system, and automatic oil pump are just a few of the features that made it stand out from other chainsaws of its time. While it may no longer be in production, its legacy lives on and it continues to be a beloved classic among chainsaw enthusiasts.